Join EP Project-52

EllenburgPhotography-Project52. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 45 ~ our Favorites!

Good Morning. I'm writing to you this morning from the Hard Rock in Biloxi. I'm on a 2 day mini-break with my College Sorority Besties to shop & catch the STYX concert. {Amazing music, those guys still HAVE it.} You Weekend / Monday posters are the brave ones this week. It took me some time to wrap my arms around this weeks theme, and if I'd have only waited until say Thursday...I think I could have created something truly magical. I knew I didn't want just a snap shot of my book...and I wanted to be crafty. I wished I could have scoped out my own books, but they are boxed up with the remode. In hindsight, I wish I'd have thought to empower my BFF, Google. Or at the very least made a trip to the library. I googled the top 10 books of all time, and could only find lists in 100's but this is my favorite. http://fandomania.com/100-greatest-books-10-6/

10. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

8. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

6. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s / Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling

5. On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin

4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. The Bible (King James Version)

2. 1984 by George Orwell

1. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger

With some effort and creativity, I think I could have rocked out something in this top ten, and sidebar: I thought #3 would have been higher. (Just saying.) But that is neither here nor there. You guys rocked out these photos this week. I had a lot of fun scrolling through the photos each night trying to guess the book before I read the title. {Come on, I can't be the only one who did that?}
Now on to the top ten, as always...listed in no particular order. If you like the artist , visit the links below the photo and send them some love. Everyone could use some encouragement, and your words might be just the pat on the back that an artists needs. Photography can be frustrating, so go ahead & pat away and send the love.

ONE {In love with the Tone & the "softness" of this photo}
week 45/52 {His Feet/Her Feet}

week 45/52 {His Feet/Her Feet} By karisworld

TWO {Love the book match, black background, beautifully done for the theme!}
314/365 The Art of Racing in the Rain

314/365 The Art of Racing in the Rain By PamK*


THREE {Great processing, love the B&W & I still love this wall, everything you shoot on this wall looks great!}
Book Title-The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Book Title-The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo By sstych www.facebook.com/stychphotography

FOUR {This is super fab & just like the cover of the the book. I too can't wait for the movie}
MCP 45/52 {Book Title}

MCP 45/52 {Book Title} By ib4luvnit treasuremcphersonphotography.zenfolio.com www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Treasure-McPherson-Photography/201849063191595

FIVE {In love with this selective focus & this great bookmark is a nice touch. And who isn't on a quest for youth?}
MCP 45/52 Book Title

MCP 45/52 Book Title By Jillustrated

SIX {Love the textured wall & the great expression you captured!}
AlongCameSpider

AlongCameSpider By SunnyKeri


SEVEN {Great natural light & an excellent book choice}
EAT, PRAY, LOVE ... By Elizabeth Gilbert

EAT, PRAY, LOVE ... By Elizabeth Gilbert By Catcher In My Eye

EIGHT {Beautiful capture. Love the snow fall action. Great processing.}
Snow falling on Cedars,,,45/52

Snow falling on Cedars,,,45/52 By Moopiecow

NINE {Love this shot. Great selective focus & patience for this great perspective}
Week 45:  Book Title: Ferdinand the Bull

Week 45: Book Title: Ferdinand the Bull By mcat2k7 www.facebook.com/DigiColorCreations

TEN {Great selective color combined with a wonderful book title. Great processing. Love the dress structure.}
Book Title

Book Title By tumbleweed's shutter

As for the Ellenburg Photography photograph of the week, I had every intention of going straight Harry Potter. First, I love all things Harry Potter (go ahead and laugh) and I have the full on costumes from my Halloween adventures! But the latest Middle school book craze has swept my home. If you have a middle schooler, this book is an excellent giftable. They love it and there is a part two . I'm sure book three is being written as we speak. Here is some of the interesting paper folding adventures happening in the Ellenburg Home.
45/52 Origami Yoda

Next week's MCP Actions Project 52 theme is "Over the Top" - will you take it literally? or will you go out there an rock out a big over the top event in your photography? No matter how you find your "Over the Top" event - do it up big. We're on the home stretch, if there was something you were thinking about trying, do it and have fun trying it!

Are you looking forward to next year already? Think about joining the Ellenburg Photography Project 52. We promise new themes every week, with a top ten and a focus on Photography education, growth and fun. Visit our Flickr site to sign up today.
New EP Project 52 Logo
Ellenburg Photography Project 52 launching January 2012. {It's going to be Awesome!}
www.flickr.com/groups/1765099@N20/

Wishing you a wonderful week filled with family, fun and photography! Happy Snapping! ~ Daphne

Daphne Ellenburg is a budding photography business owner in Southern Alabama with a supportive family and a new fancy-pants in home studio. She loves college football, big handbags, lip gloss and all things Olympus. Daphne also enjoys writing about her Photo-Adventures and her entertaining family. Catch up with her at Ellenburg Photography {Website} {Facebook} {EP Blog}{Daphne's Blog}{Join EP Project 52}

Ellenburg Photography's award winning photographer, Daphne Ellenburg, specializes in Wedding Photography and Family Portraiture. We are located just north of Mobile Alabama. We proudly serve all of Alabama, and Gulfcoast Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. (251) 656-7601

1 comment: