Join EP Project-52

EllenburgPhotography-Project52. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Last Minute.

I'm a last minuter. {This Drives Mike Nuts} It's Not because I love the thrill of seeing if I can make it just before the last possible second, but because my wheels are turning. I'm plotting it out. I'm psyching myself up for the challenge. When I found out I was doing the cover for the Alabama Bride Quarterly publication, I was excited. And when excited ran out, I was nervous. Then came the stress of sorting out and picking just the best shots. I narrowed down again and again. Then found out...there was no room for the Magazine logo above my brides. Oh NO. Then came panic.
I like a tight shot. That's my style and I rock it out. When I have a great background, I usually take it horizontal. But hey, future tip for the future magazine cover that you may have one day ~ Editors like a roomy vertical. Surpise!
So I thought about it for a day. {Well, almost a day}
I really liked this shot - blame my love for the color wheel, but this shot of Maria really has something great going on.
COVER 11-06-25 Maria Bridal-03aa
I polled my amazing Facebook Fans & they loved this one too. Then I had a liberating moment. So what if I didn't have the perfect shot right out of the camera. I'm an artist with a passion for all things Photoshop. So...I removed the bokeh'd powerline, extended the sky and minimized a little wind. And Wham, we've got a cover.
fb Additional Sky 11-06-25 Maria Bridal-03aa copy
Then magically, All my stress faded into the happy dance.
Reminder: Never give up. If you know it's right, you can find a way to make it amazing!
xoxo, Daphne

Daphne Ellenburg is a budding photography business owner in Southern Alabama with a supportive family and a new fancy-pants in home studio. She loves college football, big handbags, lip gloss and all things Olympus. Daphne also enjoys writing about her Photo-Adventures and her entertaining family. Catch up with her at Ellenburg Photography {Website} {Facebook} {EP Blog}{Daphne's Blog}{Join EP Project 52}

Ellenburg Photography's award winning photographer, Daphne Ellenburg, specializes in Wedding Photography and Family Portraiture. We are located just north of Mobile Alabama. We proudly serve all of Alabama, and Gulfcoast Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. (251) 656-7601

No comments:

Post a Comment