Join EP Project-52

EllenburgPhotography-Project52. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, December 30, 2011

1/52 Ellenburg Photography-Project 52 - Theme Launch

Welcome to our very first project 52. As of this morning, we are 40 members strong...After completing last year's project 52 challenge, it left me wanting more. I had so many questions. How'd they do that? Where is that shot? How is that shot? Are they using the same software as me? This project 52 will solve a lot of those mysteries and help us to grow as photographers. 2012 is about growing, improving and learning all we can. It's about more than just keeping the dust off our cameras. I heard a great quote this morning, and I don't care how cheesy it is, I'm rolling with it. "This is what you were born to do. Now get out there and do it!"
Week one is something that is on everyone's mind this time of year, Resolution. No matter what's on your list, or how you interpret it, visualize it, and photograph it.
Here's our take on this week's first theme...

fb 11-12-30 1-52 Resolution-1a

This is a pretty simple shot - exercise - it's a popular resolution - brought on easily by the 5 pounds I gained since my birthday and the panic as I'll be in the Bahamas in 38 days. Got to get my sexy on.

Here's a pull out of my shot.


You are looking at my lovely in home studio. I've got the weights on a box, on a rug, lit by two softboxes. Shot taken with a 35mm Macro lens. Edited with Photoshop CS4 & Nik's Ultimate Collection. Photo was run through Define 2.0, Viveza 3.0 for increase in structure, followed by Color Efex 4.0 (it's NEW and AWESOME) for Detail extraction.

Post your shot to the group by Thursday Midnight - we will post new themes on Fridays to give you all weekend to think about it. Please list any details you'd like about your shot. I love your stories. If you try out a new software - tell us how you like it.

Thank you for joining us on this exciting adventure.
Wishing you a wonderful week of new beginnings, Fun, Family & Photography!
XoXoXo, Daphne

Daphne Ellenburg is a budding photography business owner in Southern Alabama with a supportive family and a new fancy-pants in home studio. She loves college football, big handbags, lip gloss and all things Olympus. Daphne also enjoys writing about her Photo-Adventures and her entertaining family. Catch up with her at Ellenburg Photography {Website} {Facebook} {EP Blog}{Daphne's Blog}{Join EP Project 52}

Ellenburg Photography's award winning photographer, Daphne Ellenburg, specializes in Wedding Photography and Family Portraiture. We are located just north of Mobile Alabama. We proudly serve all of Alabama, and Gulfcoast Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. (251) 656-7601

No comments:

Post a Comment