Join EP Project-52

EllenburgPhotography-Project52. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, September 9, 2011

Apple Mystery Solved

I was impressed that I got a lot of emails on the Apple shot for this week's Project 52. So, how'd I really get this Apple shot. It was easy.
First up, many of you know that my main floor is going through a massive remodel while I'm living on it. {uncool} My studio is on the main floor and honestly, its a mess and the whole main floor is covered in a white cloud of dust at all times. So, I did this week's shoot in the kitchen, instead of the studio.

Here's the shot Straight Out Of the Camera:

FB 11-09-06 Thirst for Knowledge-06

Equipment:
Olympus E-5 {I love all things Olympus}
Lens 12-60mm 1:2.8-4
8 point Star Filter {I swear I have this on my lens all the time}
FL-36R Speed Light
2pm Window Light
Kitchen Sink

Please do try this at home. My shot:
ISO 200
F/9.0
S/1/250th
Focal Length 60MM

Processing:
Photoshop CS4
Nik DFine 2.0
Nik Viveza 2.0 - bumped the bright, saturation & structure
{I love EVERYTHING NIK Software has to offer}
MCP Mini Fusion

Result...
36/52 Thirst for Knowledge

A runner up: {I really liked the stem}
FB11-09-06 Thirst for Knowledge-03

FB 11-09-06 Thirst for Knowledge-03a

Lastly, here's a pull out of my secret weapon...Yes, the kitchen wand. Use it wisely.
FB 11-09-09 Lemon-01a

FB 11-09-09 Lemon-08a

Now, raise that shutter speed and have some fun with your kitchen wand.
The kitchen sink, it's not just for dirty dishes.

Want to check out my processing software? Free trials of the the NIK software is available at http://www.NIKsoftware.com and MCP Fusion is available at http://www.MCPactions.com

Big Thanks & Happy Shooting! Got more questions? Drop me an email at daphne@ellenburgphotography.com.


Daphne Ellenburg is a budding photography business owner in Southern Alabama with a supportive family and a new fancy-pants in home studio. She loves college football, big handbags, lip gloss and all things Olympus. Daphne also enjoys writing about her Photo-Adventures and her very entertaining family. Catch up with her at Ellenburg Photography {Website} {Facebook} {EP Blog}{Daphne's Blog}{Join EP Project 52}

Ellenburg Photography's award winning photographer, Daphne Ellenburg, specializes in Wedding Photography and Family Portraiture. We are located just north of Mobile Alabama. We proudly serve all of Alabama, and Gulfcoast Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. (251) 656-7601

1 comment: