Join EP Project-52

EllenburgPhotography-Project52. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 2, Our Favorites!

This time of year, I usually spend a lot of time in my attic. I go back back and forth, up and down, toting the boxed holiday treasures that brought me so much joy just a few short weeks ago back into hiding. While I'm up there, I'm always distracted by some packed away treasure - like my ancient CD collection {I regularly drag down some odd mix for my iPod like Pearl Jam & Ace of Base. Yes, I have the Ace of Base CD.} My attic, like many of you, contain a wealth of things generations couldn't bare to part with, and things that make you wonder why that's up there at all. Whether yours is empty or full, boxed or shelved, climb up or walk in; the attic is a fun place to stroll down memory lane. Well, except in the summer; in Alabama.
Week 2's Ellenburg Photography Project 52 theme of "From the Attic" was really a great "Get to know you theme" - you guys have some really cool stuff up there! I loved the stories. I loved the hints on your processing. You guys are going to be great fun this year.
Now on to my favorite Attic Treasures...As always, our top ten is in no particular order. Below each photo is a link back to your flickr site and any other site you have listed with your photo. If you enjoy the photo, check out the artist & send them some love & encouragement! Here we go...

ONE {I really like the texture variety of your selection. It makes this photo so interesting!}
From the Attic

From the Attic By laurasheppardphotography www.facebook.com/laurasheppardphotography

TWO {Great Lighting. Love the Black and White. PS - this camera is AWESOME!}
012/366 A family treasure

012/366 A family treasure By PamK*


THREE {I love the POV, the strand of hair in the face, the perfect detail of linen...this is very well done.}
from the attic

from the attic By jules1836


FOUR {Beautiful tone. Great lighting.}
EP 2/52 {In the Attic} / Florabella 21/24 {Vintage}

EP 2/52 {In the Attic} / Florabella 21/24 {Vintage} By ib4luvnit


FIVE {Very nice texture processing. Love the detail on the lace and great job keeping your whites so crisp!} *EP Project-52 White processing tip - using selective color, take the saturation of the whites into the negatives :-) I use a software product called Viveza 2.0}
In the attic

In the attic By pthurmond1


SIX {The exercise chart is such a great add on to this shot. Love the texture. I swear my Dad had one of these. This made me laugh b/c my brother and I would play with this thing all the time.}
Project 52 Week 2/52 - From the Attic

Project 52 Week 2/52 - From the Attic By Fur Will Fly My Blog


SEVEN {I really like the blue tones & graininess to this shot & the spiderwebs are such a nice touch.}
2/52- From the Attic...

2/52- From the Attic... By Moopiecow


EIGHT {I have oodles of toys in my attic. This is a fun photo. I like the texture & the collage style you used. But I especially liked your story. The attic does have a lot of hopes & dreams, happy & sad, packed away in boxes. At least mine does.}
Picture made for EllenburgPhotography-Project52.  2/52 {From the Attic}

Picture made for EllenburgPhotography-Project52. 2/52 {From the Attic} By Anastasia Fiske


NINE {I really like the texture & the lighting. The hairbrush is well placed with great selective focus.}
"Lovely Woman" From the Attic 2/52

"Lovely Woman" From the Attic 2/52 By shabean


TEN {Perfect lighting. Great muted background to make your colors really stand out. The red really pops. Very nice job.} EP Project-52 tip: Rule of thirds...photos are more interesting when the subject is in the 1st or 3rd position. This shot is a great example.
My Phone

My Phone By tumbleweed's shutter

Week 3's theme will be wide open for interpretation - (Drum roll please...) this week our theme is "In a Row"
3/52 Rolling in a Row

This shot was taken Thursday Morning at 6:30 am in Mobile, Alabama. I'm at the super scary "tracks" - I loved the lines in this car. I processed this Photo with Nik Define 2.0, Nik Color Efex 4's define at 20% and I added an Ivory boost from Florabella's latest collection of fun.

Can't wait to see what you find in a row this week! Get out there and have some fun!
XoXoXo, Daphne

Daphne Ellenburg is a budding photography business owner in Southern Alabama with a supportive family and a new fancy-pants in home studio. She loves college football, big handbags, lip gloss and all things Olympus. Daphne also enjoys writing about her Photo-Adventures and her entertaining family. Catch up with her at Ellenburg Photography {Website} {Facebook} {EP Blog}{Daphne's Blog}{Join EP Project 52}

Ellenburg Photography's award winning photographer, Daphne Ellenburg, specializes in Wedding Photography and Family Portraiture. We are located just north of Mobile Alabama. We proudly serve all of Alabama, and Gulfcoast Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. (251) 656-7601


No comments:

Post a Comment